So what did I learn about Taihape:
- It feels like quite a different place when it's not crammed full of holiday drivers taking up every parking space and every seat in the cafes
- It's the sort of place where people say hello as you walk past
- The Taihape Motel is a lovely place to stay and super-friendly - thanks very much to the Vasil family who are excellent hosts
- When they are-sealing the road through the middle of town and have taken away all the pedestrian crossing markings, it can be an alarming experience to try and cross the road unless you are with a local who will just stride ahead, knowing the traffic will stop.
- It's true about the drought. SO hot, SO dry. Wishing you some more rain very soon.
And what about the children from St Anthony's and Taihape Area School - what did you learn? Well, I hope you found out a bit about what it's like being a writer - and if you've got any more questions, please email me through my website and I'll promise to answer them!