Saturday 15 June 2013

Writers in Schools: Ngaio School

Thanks to Ngaio School for a great visit last week with the NZ Book Council Writers in Schools scheme. We lived in Ngaio when we came back to New Zealand after several years away, and our first child was there so I have many fond memories of pushing her pushchair up and down its hilly roads.

Year Threes and Fours - I loved how you were such good listeners - and I loved all your questions! - especially these ones:

  • Have you ever travelled anywhere that has inspired you to write? (I'm still pondering that one. I travelled a lot when I was younger and I think it has influenced my writing, but it's hard to say exactly how.)

  • What text type do you prefer?

  • Did you like writing when you were little?

  • Do you know any other New Zealand authors?

  • Closely followed by - Have you met Roald Dahl? (Sadly, no. But I have been to the Roald Dahl Museum in England, where you can see things like his artificial hip bone, re-used as a handle for a filing cabinet.)

  • Have you ever written a book with anyone else? (Not since I was about eight or nine. But it would be an interesting experience!)


Thanks again, Ngaio School, and good luck with your reading and writing for the rest of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment