Boulcott School students also had some great questions for me:
- What is a typical day for you?
- Do you write every day?
- Have you written any books about your childhood?
- When you begin a story, do you know the ending?
- Do you feel nervous when publishers tell you what they think about your story?
But I especially liked these questions, from the Year 1/2 students, because it showed that they were really thinking hard about the writing process and how you go about writing a story:
- Why do you like writing?
- Does it take a week to write a book?
- Did your mum and dad like your writing?
- Who taught you to write?
- Do you always try your best when you write?
- Do you write fast or slow?
- Do you write in your house?
And some last words from the same group of students as they were going back to class after our session together:
"Writing is fun!"
"I hope you have fun writing!"